1.0 NAME OF THE PROGRAMME:- B.Tech.
Department of Electrical Engineering.
a) Date of 1st approval by AICTE with Reference No. (Attach Proof): 17th June,1998. File No.- 750-80-102(NDEG)/ET/97.
b)Approval for the current academic year with Reference No.( Attach Proof):25.6.05, File No.- 750-80-102(NDEG)/ET/97.
PROGRAMME DETAILS: (At the start of current academic session)
a)Nature of Programme : Full time(F).
b) Duration : Four years.
c) Sanctioned Intake : 90.
2.0 NAME OF THE PROGRAMME :- M.Tech.
YEAR OF STARTING OF THE PROGRAMME : 2009.
Nature of Programme : Full time(F).
Duration : Two years.
Sanctioned Intake : 18.
Today, in the era of science & technology, quality education is also under scanner and the onus of imparting specialized technical education lies on the respective branch of engineering. The Electrical Engineering Department of Asansol Engineering College has envisaged the following developmental programmes encompassing the entire gamut of faculty members vis-à-vis the students:
- To serve as a learning/ knowledge based pedagogic center of excellence.
- To act as a pro-industry oriented center of academy.
- To upgrade the knowledge base of the faculty members for providing better inputs to students.
- To introduce PG and Research programmes.
- To inculcate the awareness of social responsibility
- Consolidation & up-gradation of UG Laboratories.
- To nurture the students so that they are armed to face the potential employers.
- To start the PG course.
- To gear up sponsored research projects.
- To set up a Testing Laboratory.
- To start Continuing Education programmes.
- To establish a departmental Consultancy Cell which will look into the needs of the industry as well as small entrepreneurs.
- To act as a knowledge disseminating hub in this region of the country for carrying out developmental and educational programmes to fulfill the social responsibilities.